Tuesday 9 May 2017

Just Went For Dental Cleaning Today

As someone who has a deep seated fear of dentists since childhood (thanks to primitive dental instruments, blood, and fierce female nurses and dentists then), I avoid going to the dentist as much as I can. As such, my last visit was a few years ago and my teeth were way overdue for a good cleaning. 

So I finally plucked up courage today and visited the dentist for a cleaning and I was pleasantly surprised - of course, the grating, screeching sound of metal on tooth still caused my toes to curl and body to stiffen involuntarily but the overall scaling procedure was relatively painless. I skipped the polishing procedure as apparently, unlike in Singapore where scaling + polishing usually comes together, the two procedures are separate and they will do what you ask them to do here. 

The total cost of consultation and scaling - THB 500 or SGD 20. The same will easily cost double this amount or more in Singapore. 

Now this is what I call affordable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment